Institute Of Hotel management Catering Technology And Applied Nutrition
The Institute of Hotel Management Shillong on the outskirts of the educational hub hills City of the North-East, Shillong, the “Scotland of the East”. Standing amidst the heather covered slopes and unpolluted pine scented environment.
Our aim at IHM Shillong is to prepare well-rounded graduates for employment in Hospitality Industry, Hotel, Tourism Sector, Management and Event Management Position at a global level.
1½ Years Trade Diploma in:
- Food Production
10+2(Any Stream) or equivalent with English as one of the subject. Those who have apppeared in 12th Examination and waiting for result may also apply. Age as on 1st July of the current year, 25 years for General/OBC/Differently abled categories and 28 years for SC/ST candidates.
Enterpreneurship Programme is a training programme to create employable skills under the capacity building for service providers(CBSP) Scheme and funded by Ministry of Tourism.
Courses offered for Entrepreneurship Programme
- Cook – Tandoor
- Homestay(Multi-Skilled Caretaker)
- Halwai-Indian Sweets
Courses offered for HUNAR SE ROZGAR TAK
- Food Production- 8 weeks
- Bakery- 8 weeks
- Housekeeping- 6 weeks
- Food and Beverage Service- 6 weeks
Selection will be on the basis of class XII merit and his/her performance in the personal interview. The candidate may apply directly to the Institute.
How to Apply
Applications are invited for 1½ year course in Trade Diploma in Food Production, Trade Diploma in Bakery & Confectionery & Trade Diploma in F&B Services.
Eligibility: 10+2(any Stream) or equivalent with English as one of the subject. Those who have apppeared in 12th Examination and waiting for result may also apply. Age as on 1st July of the current year, 25 years for General/OBC/Differently abled categories and 28 years for SC/ST candidates. The last date is on the 18th May, 2019 for submission of forms.
Process of Registration: Eligible candidates may collect forms from the Institute of Hotel Management Mawkasiang Mawdiangdiang, East Khasi Hills, Shillong- 793018 or download from the Institute website: http://www.ihmshillong.nic.in & for details contact (8014539701, 9436312249).
Career Opportunities For Hospitality Graduates
- Management trainee in hotel and allied hospitality industry.
- Kitchen management/housekeeping management positions in hotels after initialsstint as trainee.
- Flight kitchens and on-board flight services.
- Indian Navy hospitality services.
- Guest customer Relations Executive in International and national Fast Food chains.
- Hospital and Institutional catering.
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes.
- Marketing sales executive in hotel and other service sectors.
- Railway hospitality and catering services.
- State Tourism development corporations.
- Self employment through enterpreneurship.
- Multinational companies for their hospitality services.